To facilitate students in self-development and softskills through non-curricular activities, EED UMY provides the following activities.
- Soft skill traininng integrated in the competence-based curriculum (KBK) adpoted by EED UMY into the classes from the first semester to the last.
- Basic Islamic Orientation Study (OSDI). This activity aims to give a basic understanding regarding Islam to new students.
- Islamic training (PAI). This activity is done to give further understanding regarding the Islamic teachings and how to perform various religious activities correctly
- Baitul Arqom (KIAI/ Kajian Intensif Al-Islam) is done between the first and second semester.
- A bridging activity is done in the middle of every semester as a part of the students’ character development. Bridging is done from semester 1 to 6. This activity is aimed to create and maintain students’ character from the early semesters.
Each bridging session has differing themes. The themes are outlined below:
- semester 1- Achievement Motivation Training
- semester 2 – Creativity
- semester 3 – Learning Organization
- semester 4 – Team Building
- semester 5 – Communication Skills
- semester 6 – Leadership